MEIC Ltd sign the contract for the rehabilitation of Bellanacargy Bridge in Co. Cavan.
Added June 24, 2015
MEIC have recently signed the contract with Cavan County Council for the rehabilitation works to Bellanacargy Bridge. This work is commencing in June 2015
The works include:
• Cleaning of the underside of the bridge and removal of spalled or defective concrete using hydro demolition.
• Additional reinforcement bars to be installed in the reinforced concrete beams where required.
• Treatment of exposed reinforcement bars with a patent rust inhibitor.
• Spray applying areas of the soffit that have suffered spalling with a patent gunite mortar.
• Cleaning both reinforced concrete parapets using a hydro-blast system and repairing any spalled or damaged concrete on the parapet.
• Scour repairs to a number of piers outlined.
• Carriageway resurfacing
• Removal of vegetation across entire structure