Check out our new video of the Clodiagh Intake works
Added November 11, 2016
MEIC Ltd are currently constructing the River Clodiagh Intake Works for the Pending Thurles Water Treatment Plant.
The contracts consists of the design and construction of the intake works, pump house, site and ancillary works together with associated pipework as follows:
• New Intake designed and built in accordance with the Grant of Planning Permission and all other requirements below;
• New Pump House designed and built in accordance with the Grant of Planning Permission and all other requirements below;
• The Contractor designed and installed extensive temporary works to ensure that no disturbance was felt by the surrounding SAC with special emphasis on the river habitat;
• 52 No 15m long precast concrete piles were also designed and installed under the structures on site to ensure no unplanned settlement occurred.
• All civil works for the intake and pump house were designed to cater for mechanical and electrical plant that will supply 13,700 m3/day of Raw Water to the new WTP.
• The Contractor prepared the mechanical and electrical design of the works for the purpose of verifying the Civil and Structural Design;
• All pipework laid in the ground was designed to facilitate an abstraction of 13,700m3/day;
• The Contractor designed and installed all ducting to accommodate all future instrumentation, power supply and communication requirements.
• The Contractor liaised with all the relevant stakeholders prior and during construction to ensure a disruption free construction process.
The project consists of major temporary works. Check out our video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wCMUd6FdnM&feature=youtu.be